September 20, 2008

Reception Father/Daughter Dance Songs


The wedding father/daughter dance... such a special moment. You want to choose a song that beautifully represents you and your dad... I've often thought about this myself, "What would be the perfect song to play when I dance with my dad?" I was randomly listening to songs one day on Yahoo, and began to hear the perfect words... "You were my first love, always there for me, you taught me how to walk and how to dream, God gave me your eyes, but it was you who showed me how to see..." It's called "Always Be Your Baby" by Natalie Grant. It's such a beautiful song, perfect for this emotional dance...

There's other songs that I've thought would be really good, especially the new one by Steven Curtis Chapman "Cinderella" . That song is sure to bring you, your dad, and all your guests to tears. :) Then there's the classic song "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle, a sweet song I've loved for a long time. Before I decided myself on "Always Be Your Baby", I was set on "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. This song is special to me, because it reminds me of my dad. He's from Hawaii, and Israel is a famous Hawaiian singer... So when choosing your song, it doesn't have to be a traditional song, it just needs to be meaningful to you and your dad. What song would you choose?

No comments: